- DALGARVAN, a village, in the parish of Kilwinning, district of Cunninghame, county of Ayr, 1½ mile (N. by W.) from Kilwinning; containing 107 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Irvine to Dalry, and on the west side of the Garnock river, which runs here in a direction nearly from north to south.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
Beith — 1) BEITH, a parish, chiefly in the district of Cunninghame, county of Ayr, but partly in the Upper ward of the county of Renfrew, 18 miles (W. S. W.) from Glasgow; including the villages of Gateside, Northbar, and Burnhouse, and containing… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland
Glasgow — GLASGOW, a city, the seat of a university, and a sea port, having separate jurisdiction, locally in the Lower ward of the county of Lanark, and situated in longitude 4° 15 51 (W.), and latitude 55° 52 10 (N.), 23 miles (E. by S.) from Greenock … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland
Kilwinning — KILWINNING, a manufacturing town and parish, in the district of Cunninghame, county of Ayr; containing, with the villages of Dalgarvan, Doura, and Fergushill, 5251 inhabitants, of whom 2971 are in the town, 3 miles (N. N. W.) from Irvine, and… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland